Does your current IT service management (ITSM) solution align with your enterprise goals for business transformation today and tomorrow? If you’re currently using Remedy, BMC’s legacy ITSM solution you’re already familiar with the benefits of these powerful ITSM solutions. However, if your service desk is on a Remedy solution, now is the perfect time to explore migrating to BMC’s latest offering, BMC Helix ITSM, a SaaS platform delivering capabilities above and beyond what Remedy can deliver today.
With BMC Helix ITSM, your business can simplify complexity and fuel productivity through integrated intelligent automation, cloud-scale capacity, predictive case management, personalized user experiences, and self-service acceleration. And BMC is here to help you at every phase of the migration.
Let’s delve into how BMC Helix ITSM takes service management even further than Remedy and how BMC can help make the journey more seamless.
Embrace intelligent automation and workflows
Traditional ITSM processes often involve manual tasks that consume valuable time and resources. With BMC Helix ITSM and its embedded intelligent automation, your teams can automate routine and repetitive tasks, enabling your team to focus on more strategic initiatives. Here are a few use cases for simplifying complexity:
- Intelligent auto-routing of cases. Leverage historical case data, machine learning (ML), and robotic process automation (RPA) algorithms to automatically assign and route incidents, requests, and changes to the most suitable IT team without manual intervention. This streamlines workflows, optimizes resource allocation, and saves valuable time.
- Predictive analytics and root cause analysis. Get access to data-driven insights to anticipate and prevent potential service disruptions. This proactive approach to problem management notifies IT teams so they can predict and isolate the root cause before the problem escalates. Deep integrations across BMC Helix ITSM, BMC Helix Operations Management with AIOps, and BMC Helix Discovery further optimize resources, time, and capacity.
- AI-powered chatbots and virtual agents at your disposal. These capabilities are pre-integrated within the BMC Helix ITSM solution. By activating BMC Helix Virtual Agent, your teams can harness knowledge swarming with ChatOps for faster case resolution and automate responses to resolve more routine cases.
Improve service velocity and economics
The scalability and flexibility of your ITSM infrastructure are critical as your organization grows. BMC Helix ITSM harnesses the power of cloud computing, providing cloud-scale capacity that can adapt to your changing needs. By migrating to BMC Helix ITSM, you unlock the following advantages:
- An elastic ITSM infrastructure. Scale up or down based on demand with embedded scalability that ensures optimal performance and cost efficiency, eliminating the need for costly CapEx infrastructure investments.
- High availability and resiliency. Built-in redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities delivered by SaaS offer continuous availability of your ITSM data, applications, and services—even in the face of unexpected events. BMC Helix ITSM delivers a recovery point objective (RPO) of less than 15 minutes and a recovery time objective (RTO) of less than four hours.
- Simplified, automated maintenance and upgrades. Eliminate the burden of managing infrastructure and manual integrations every time there is a new software release with automatic maintenance and upgrades that allow your IT teams to redirect their focus on innovation, strategic initiatives, and delivering new services, features, and enhancements faster to keep pace with the evolving needs of users.
Delight users with new service experiences
When employees face difficult-to-navigate internal support channels or cumbersome task requisition processes, their everyday experience is diminished. By moving from Remedy to BMC Helix ITSM, your business can delight employees with an improved digital employee experience (DEX) that works with BMC Helix Employee Experience solutions, enabling teams within and beyond IT to:
- Build new work hubs embedding visual collaboration, content services, and work management across the business and IT departments with BMC Helix Digital Workplace
- Create custom experiences, microsites, and persona-driven journeys and improve employee engagement, productivity, and resolution times with BMC Helix Digital Workplace Studio
- Activate multichannel self-service by integrating KCS® v6 verified BMC Helix Knowledge Management, BMC Helix Virtual Agent with live chat crossover, and natural language processing (NLP)-powered search
Our proven migration success approach
The migration journey from Remedy to BMC Helix ITSM may seem daunting, but we have successfully partnered with many of our customers on their journey to modernize their service management solutions by migrating to BMC Helix ITSM. We are committed to your success and offer comprehensive customer success and professional services offerings programs tailored to your needs.
The dedicated BMC Customer Success team is ready to assist you at every step. They work closely with you to understand your specific requirements, provide guidance on best practices, and ensure a smooth transition to BMC Helix ITSM. We have developed a five-phase process flow to accelerate the migration, as follows:
- Assessment. We assess your existing environment to understand your current architecture and identify items such as customizations, integrations, and reports.
- Configuration. With this information collected and analyzed, we configure the BMC Helix Data Manager (HDM) tool and begin migrating your data to BMC Helix ITSM.
- Review. Once the data migration is complete, we will review the output from the tool and ensure that configurations and integrations are successfully migrated. If there are issues, we will review them with you and resolve them as required.
- Testing. Next, we execute a series of internal validation and performance testing before you begin user acceptance testing to confirm that your use cases are operating as expected.
- Go live. Finally, we go live with BMC Helix ITSM.
Customer Success programs
BMC Customer Success is just one of our many programs. BMC also offers Professional Success subscriptions that integrate expert customer success consultants, premier support, and training and education to help your IT teams throughout the migration to BMC Helix ITSM, including:
- BMC Helix ITSM Migration Service for transitioning from BMC Remedy ITSM on-premises to BMC Helix ITSM SaaS
- BMC Helix ITSM Starter Service for initial configuration and administrator training
Making the move from Remedy to BMC Helix ITSM opens up a world of possibilities for your ITSM by empowering your organization to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and deliver exceptional customer experiences. As you embark on this journey, BMC stands by your side, offering dedicated support programs, professional services, and a wealth of knowledge to ensure your successful migration. It’s time to unlock the full potential of your ITSM capabilities and embrace the future with BMC Helix ITSM.